The First Tree
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
From the creator of Home is Where One Starts... comes The First Tree, a third-person exploration game centered around two parallel stories: a fox trying to find her missing family, and a son reconnecting with his father in Alaska. Players take control of the fox on a poignant and beautiful journey that crescendos at the source of life, and perhaps result in an understanding of death. Along the way, players can uncover artifacts and stories from the son's life as he becomes intertwined in the fox’s journey towards The First Tree.
- For fans of Journey, Firewatch, and Shelter.
- Not a "fox simulator," but an emotional, intimate story by a one-man team with an ending you won't soon forget.
- Featuring a gorgeous soundtrack by acclaimed artists like Message to Bears, Lowercase Noises, and Josh Kramer.
- A short game (about an hour and a half) focused on story with some light puzzle solving and platforming.
- Includes English subtitles along with an easy-to-use fan translation system. (see this link for more info)
- A DRM-free download that comes with a Steam key.
Visit the website to learn more: www.thefirsttree.com
To see system requirements, visit the Steam page.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||artgame, Colorful, Exploration, Low-poly, memoir, Story Rich, Surreal, Third Person, Walking simulator|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Soundtrack, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: